Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blackbird cafe

For dessert we headed to Blackbird which is actually a cafe, cocktail bar, lounge, restaurant all in one. It had excellent ambience, mood and chic interior, making it just perfect for a place for girl talk and a night out.


The view is really nice, and the good thing is they don't hike up the prices and charge for the view as well. Affordable and tasty food.


We went on a Monday night which explains the absence of customers.



The interior design is aesthetically pleasing and inviting.


Cake of the Day 7.50 with a regular coffee or tea

We ordered the cake of the day, which turned out to be lemon tart. Already it just looks appetising which is definitely a plus. The taste was pleasant, especially for someone like me who doesn't enjoy sweet food as much as most normal people.

As I am not normally a fan of lemon tart I expected the worst (usually sticky overly sour untasty) HOWEVER, got a pleasant soft subtle flavour that melted in my tongue excellently soothed with soft ice cream just put the cherry on top of the special atmosphere. Definitely was satisfied with our choice of place for dessert.


I cannot remember what this is for some reason...I suppose it has something to do with my lack of interest in coffees and teas, but my best guess would be a Mocha, because that is most likely what I would have chosen. Or Hot Chocolate. But this doesn't quite look like hot chocolate. It just tasted like the usual, nothing outstanding since I can't even remember what I drank.

Vienna coffee 4.20

Recommended for expresso lovers for a softer blend with the whipped cream.

Blackbird Cafe
Balcony level of Cockle Bay Wharf between the IMAX Theatre and Sydney Aquarium.
Phone: (02) 9283 7385

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...