Sunday, July 3, 2011

Long time...

After quite a lengthy period of this and that, we met up in the spur of the moment, and decided to have a bite to eat (even if we weren't that hungry =b). Headed to Pancakes on the Rocks because they have delicious food, savoury and sweet alike, and ordered a pizza and pancakes. YUMMM!

Tandoori Chicken pizza $17.95; Tender pieces of chicken breast marinated tandoori style. With spanish onions, sweet potato, cashew nuts and mozzarella cheese, topped with mango chutney, minted yoghurt and corriander.
 My absolute favourite! I go a little crazy for this pizza because it's just the best tasting pizza ever in my opinion. The first time I had this, I practically jumped at any tandoori chicken pizza from any pizza place, but soon realised that just because the name is the same, it doesn't mean the taste is too. Thus, this has become my go-to dish every time I visit Pancakes on the Rocks.

Bananarama $10.95; Buttermilk pancakes with grilled banana and home made butterscotch sauce, topped with cream and vanilla ice cream.
The pancakes were fluffy as usually they are however I felt that the main focus should have been the complimentary role of the bananas, which were severely underplayed. The oil on the unripe bananas added a bland flavour and did not convince me of why at all the dish was called “Bananarama” because it was more like pancakes and some soft mushy things on the side.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...